Biometrics Week 2017
October 31 – November 3, 2017
Australia House, London, UK
Biometrics Institute Biometrics Week featuring the Biometrics Institute Congress 2017
Join us again this year for yet another thought provoking week in London at Biometrics Week 2017. This year offers a two-day Congress on the 1-2 November 2017, accompanied by satellite events on either side (31 October and 3 November).
The Key themes for the conference are:
• Digital identity schemes – what new technologies and regulations are emerging and shaping the digital transformation?
• Digital services and biometrics – what are the opportunities and challenges?
• Consumer biometrics and their application – what will have the greatest take up and why? How will the use of smartphones evolve?
• Biometrics at the borders – how to manage borders and the movement of people now and in the future? How can a chain of trust be established for identity?
• Biometrics for social impact – how can biometrics help impact positively on people’s lives?
• Liveness detection and vulnerability assessments – what are the risks and what mitigation is available?
• How is new privacy legislation in Europe impacting the industry? How can we build trust amongst the public around biometrics and privacy? Data sharing and the potential trade-off between security and privacy?
• Research and innovation in biometrics – what is new, where do we see current gaps?
• Technology developments – what new developments are we seeing?
This week also includes the Biometrics Institute Annual Evening Reception to be held on Wednesday, 1 November 2017 from 6.00pm, an annual ‘masked’ event not to be missed.