Deadline approaching to submit abstracts for 2019 World Border Security Congress
For those interested in speaking at the 2019 World Border Security Congress, the July 23 deadline to submit an abstract for consideration is quickly approaching. Abstracts should be approximately 200 words and presentations should not be commercial in nature.
The 2019 World Border Security Congress will be held next March in Casablanca and will be co-hosted by Morocco’s Ministry of Interior and Directorate General for Migration and Border Surveillance. It is a high-level three-day event that will discuss and debate current and future policies, implementation issues and challenges as well as new and developing technologies that contribute towards safe and secure border and migration management.
Particular topics for discussion and focus to be considered include:
– Border surveillance techniques and systems
– Enhance the protection and management of extended land borders
– Information and data sharing under pressure from privacy laws
– Ensuring effectiveness against growing criminality and terrorist threats
– Maritime, port and coastal border security
– Increase of illegal migrant numbers and movements
– New technologies to ease travel for bona fide travelers
– Costs of delivering streamlined safety and security at ports and borders
– Increase in trafficking in human beings by transnational criminal gangs
Check out the conference website for more speaking topics or to submit your abstract.