FB pixel

Guinea to introduce biometric land management with Datasonic

Guinea to introduce biometric land management with Datasonic
 

Guinea has entered a profit-sharing agreement with Malaysia’s Datasonic Group Berhad for a range of services including secure document printing, digitization and biometric authentication for land management.

The Memorandum of Agreement would see Datasonic become the prime contractor and Ministry of Urban Planning, Housing and Territorial Development (MUHAT) as project owner in the West African nation.

MUHAT would take a 60 percent cut of profits, Datasonic the remaining 40 percent. It would involve a transfer of skills.

“The entry into the MOA creates an opportunity for the group to further expand the business and promote its products and services in the Republic of Guinea,” said Datasonic in filing with the Malaysian stock exchange.

The focus of the services is on digitized land management which is referred to as “eLandROG” and includes “The implementation of a new computerised citizen data in land matters; The incorporation of biometric authentication of land data; Manufacture, supply and customisation of high security documents for the land title” as well as providing the materials and implementing efficiency processes.

Awaiting further approval and joint feasibility study, the project would last ten years with provision for a five-year extension.

Guinea signed a deal with Innovatrics for Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS) for criminal suspect identification in February 2022. This followed the June 2021 announcement that Tech5 was supplying its T5-ABIS for biometric identification with face, fingerprint and iris biometrics as Guinea began implementing its national ID built on MOSIP (Modular Open Source Identity Platform).

In 2020, Datasonic was awarded a US$1.7 million contract with the Malaysian Ministry of Home Affairs to issue cards from the National Registration Department, following another $1.7 million contract from the same ministry for facial recognition e-gates at the Malaysia-Singapore border.

Article Topics

 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Latest Biometrics News

 

Best biometrics use cases become clearer as ecosystems mature

Biometrics are for digital identity, socio-economic development, air travel and remote identity verification, but not public surveillance, the most-read news…

 

UK Biometrics and Surveillance Camera Commissioner role survives as DPDI fails

UK parliament will not pass data protection legislation during the current session, following the announcement of the general election in…

 

EU watchdog rules airport biometrics must be passenger-controlled to comply with GDPR

The use of facial recognition to streamline air passenger’s travel journeys only complies with Europe’s data protection regulations in certain…

 

NZ’s biometric code of practice could worsen privacy: Business group

New Zealand is working on creating a biometrics Code of Practice as the country introduces more facial recognition applications. A…

 

Demonstrating value, integrated payments among key digital ID building blocks

Estonia has achieved an enviable level of user-centricity with its national digital identity system through careful legislation and fostering collaboration…

 

Strata Identity launches uninterrupted identity services product

There are a few things that can be more annoying than your office computer logging you out of applications because…

Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

DIGITAL ID for ALL NEWS

Featured Company

ID for ALL FEATURE REPORTS

BIOMETRICS WHITE PAPERS

BIOMETRICS EVENTS

EXPLAINING BIOMETRICS