FB pixel

Angola seals financing agreement for $139M biometric passport contract

Angola seals financing agreement for $139M biometric passport contract
 

The green light has now been given for the supply of a new generation biometric passport for Angola after a financing agreement was signed, the contracting firm ANY Security Printing Company, has confirmed.

The Hungary-based security printing outfit said in a press release that the deal was concluded on May 31 between Angola’s Ministry of Finance and the Hungarian EXIM Bank, which was one of the conditions needed for the passport project to take off.

The contract is worth €130 million (US$139 million).

According to the news release, ANY Security Printing Company will supply the passport solution to the Angolan Ministry of Interior and Migration and Foreigners Services for a period of ten years.

Under the agreement, the contractor has the responsibility to set up biometric enrolment stations, design and produce the passport booklets and build a local personalization facility, plus other related services.

The contractor says it has got possession of 15 percent of the funds already from a previous deal it signed with the Ministry of Interior, and the remaining 85 percent of the funds will be paid in tranches as different phases of the project are completed.

The first phase of the project entails installing the enrolment facilities.

The switch to biometric passports in Angola was re-echoed in 2021, although the plan started in 2019.

Article Topics

 |   |   |   |   | 

Latest Biometrics News

 

Secure Technology Alliance launches template for using mobile driver’s licenses

Get used to the idea of your phone as your driver’s license. The ecosystem for mobile driver’s licenses (mDLs) continues…

 

Biometric identity verification launches and deals show diversity of approaches

The biometric identity verification market covers a wide variety of sectors and use cases, but the breadth is not just…

 

Decentralized digital identity is spreading as fresh use cases emerge

A recent post on Forrester’s website, written by VP and Principal Analyst Andras Cser, dips into how travel and mobile…

 

Cameroon building Digital Transformation Center to manage digital consular services

As part of a process launched last year by the government of Cameroon to modernize its consular services including the…

 

UK digital visas to fully replace physical immigration documents by 2025

In the UK, the Home Office has announced that it will invite those with physical immigration documents to create a…

 

iBeta biometric PAD evaluations grow in global prominence

Compliance with biometric presentation attack detection standards has become table stakes for numerous applications of face biometrics in particular, and…

Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Read From This Week

Featured Company

Biometrics Insight, Opinion

Digital ID In-Depth

Biometrics White Papers

Biometrics Events