Veridium recognized for its biometric authentication platform in multiple Gartner reports
Veridium was recognized in nine Gartner reports in 2018, including references as a vendor for biometric authentication within seven of the analyst firm’s Hype Cycle Reports.
Biometric authentication is increasingly transforming how businesses and governments interact with consumers, employees and the general public.
With the implementation of stricter data protection and security regulations, such as the EU’s GDPR and PSD2 with strong customer authentication, businesses are also looking for new ways to get ahead of potentially damaging penalties. Biometrics can better protect users’ data and identities to avoid accidentally exposing personally identifiable information, while also improving trust and creating customer loyalty.
“Biometrics have the ability to completely revolutionize how we operate in our daily lives – accessing our bank accounts, enforcing the law, making purchases and more,” said James Stickland, Veridium CEO. “We believe Veridium’s inclusion in these reports further reinforces the growing need for an authentication platform that utilizes biometrics to ensure secure experiences, whilst still offering convenience at a lower cost compared to less secure legacy solutions.”
The 2018 Gartner reports Veridium was recognized in include:
– Hype Cycle for Digital Banking Transformation, 2018
– Hype Cycle for Mobile Device Technologies, 2018
– Hype Cycle for Identity and Access Management Technologies, 2018
– Hype Cycle for Human-Machine Interface, 2018
– Hype Cycle for Mobile, Endpoint and Enterprise Wearable Computing, 2018
– Hype Cycle for IT in GCC, 2018
– Hype Cycle for Frontline Worker Technologies, 2018
– Active Directory: The Time to Modernize is Now
– Technology Insight for Biometric Authentication
In December Veridium CEO James Stickland led a session titled “How to Free Your Organization of Passwords with MFA,” at the Gartner Identity and Access Management (IAM) Summit 2018 in Las Vegas.