FB pixel

Daon and Innovatrics each ace biometric PAD tests by iBeta

ISO level 1 and level 2 compliance, respectively, confirmed
 

passive facial biometric liveness detection

Daon and Innovatrics have each successfully completed independent ISO/IEC 30107-3 biometric presentation attack detection (PAD) testing by iBeta Quality Assurance with a 100 percent success rate at identifying spoof attacks, based on a bona fide classification error rate (BPCER) set at 15 percent.

The level 1 test of Daon’s technology shows the compliance of the DaonFace 5.1.0.28 server to the ISO standard.

Innovatrics’ Digital Onboarding Toolkit (DOT), version 4.0 for Android and 2.2 for iOS, was confirmed compliant with level 2 of the PAD standard.

iBeta has been taking steps to enhance the transparency of its testing, and to improve market understanding of what it means.

Daon explains training and detection methods

Daon’s IdentityX platform uses several PAD algorithms to protect against biometric spoofing, according to a company blog post, by Daon Principal Research Scientist Dr. Mike Peirce. The company’s 3D face liveness, its newest PAD solution, applies similar technology to that tested by iBeta, but on a mobile device, with the user moving the device closer to and further away from their face to enable the detection of image distortions that occur naturally during the process.

Peirce explains how Daon built a testing base of 50,000 videos, 40 percent of which were genuine and the other 60 percent biometric spoof attacks. The videos include a wide range of real-world conditions and uncontrolled environments, a range of user devices, and representation from different demographics.

The limits of laboratory testing are discussed in the post, with Peirce urging customers to look for both laboratory confirmation and a track record of customer success from their face biometrics provider.

Innovatrics claims high completion with passive liveness

The passive liveness technology found in Innovatrics’ biometric DOT operates completely on the user’s device.

The company suggests that with lower abandonment rates, passive liveness can deliver onboarding completion rates of 99 percent, compared to 63 percent for active liveness detection.

Innovatrics Head of Global Sales Peter Martis wrote in a recent Biometric Update guest post about the potential of face biometrics for rapid adoption in a wide range of applications.

Article Topics

 |   |   |   |   |   |   |   |   | 

Latest Biometrics News

 

Challenges in face biometrics addressed with new tech and research amid high stakes

Big biometrics contracts and deals were the theme of several of the stories on that drew the most interest from…

 

Online age verification debates continue in Canada, EU, India

Introducing age verification to protect children online remains a hot topic across the globe: Canada is debating the Online Harms…

 

Login.gov adds selfie biometrics for May pilot

America’s single-sign on system for government benefits and services, Login.gov, is getting a face biometrics option for enhanced identity verification…

 

BIPA one step closer to seeing its first major change since 2008 inception

On Thursday, a bipartisan majority in the Illinois Senate approved the first major change to Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act…

 

Identity verification industry mulls solutions to flood of synthetic IDs

The advent of AI-powered generators such as OnlyFake, which creates realistic-looking photos of fake IDs for only US$15, has stirred…

 

Idemia discusses faster police operations, improved outcomes with livescan biometrics

Biometrics, and fingerprints in particular, have long been one of the pillars of forensics work performed by police and crime…

Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Read From This Week

Featured Company

Biometrics Insight, Opinion

Digital ID In-Depth

Biometrics White Papers

Biometrics Events